Sleep Apnea and Your TeethFebruary 28, 2018
The Dangers of Grinding Your Teeth in Your SleepApril 30, 2018
Turning up to any sort of social occasion with bad breath is arguably the biggest faux pas, one can commit.
There’s nothing that makes that makes you more unattractive than a foul odor coming out of your mouth.
Sometimes it’s down to what you’ve eaten, drank, or smoked recently.
Other times, it’s permanent due to a condition called halitosis. Either way, you need to act to get rid of it fast.
Here are solutions to help rid you of bad breath.
- Brush your teeth and floss after every meal. Bad breath can stem from the odor of the food you’ve just eaten or bacteria mixing with food that’s stuck in your teeth.
- Drink lots of water and swish it around in your mouth.
- If you wear dentures, make sure to remove them at night and store them in water to clean them and get rid of any bacterial build-up from food and drink.
- Try a lengthy rinse of your mouth with mouthwash.
- Chew a piece of lemon or orange for a minute. The citric acid in it will help fight bad breath by stimulating the salivary glands.
- Chew on a small sprig of mint, basil, parsley. The chlorophyll in these plants do a lot to help neutralize breath odors
- Chew on fennel seeds or cloves. These have antiseptic qualities that fight bacteria in your mouth.
If you suffer from bad breath frequently, the best tip for you is to schedule an appointment with your dentist. They will be able to examine your teeth and mouth and point out possible reasons for your halitosis and come up with a solution to cure it.
To book a dental appointment with an expert in Morrisville, Philadelphia, contact Dr. Pearly Whites today.
How to Cure Bad Breath
Pearly Whites Dental Care is a dental practice that is passionate, gentle and caring. We offer personalized dental care for the whole family! We are serving the Yardley, Morrisville, Langhorne, Newtown, Trenton, and the surrounding communities. If you need to get in contact with our dental practice give us a call (215) 295-4851 or or to learn more about our dentist visit our About Us page