Dental Implants in Morrisville
Dental implants are dental devices surgically placed in the jaw to replace missing teeth. It is done to restore an individual’s normal appearance and ability to chew food. Our dental implants in Morrisville offer artificial teeth support and a more permanent solution to dentures, bridges, or crowns.
Background Of The Dental Implant
A dental implant comprises the dental implant root, the dental implant abutment, and sometimes an abutment fixation screw. The dental implant goes in place of the root of a tooth. A dental provider will insert it surgically into the patient’s jawbone.
Things You Should Consider Before Having A Dental Implant
Ensure you consult your dental provider before deciding to have a dental implant. You should consider:
- Get the information on the model and brand of the dental implant system your dentist will use and have the records of these details.
- Avoid smoking, as it will affect the healing process after the dental implant placement and reduce the lifespan of the implants placed.
- The patients’ general health. We use a person’s public health to determine whether you are a viable patient for dental implants in Morrisville, the period it will take to heal, and the average time the implant is likely to remain in place.
- The dental implant’s healing process. It may take a few months to heal.
What To Do After The Dental Implant’s Procedure
After you receive your dental implant in Morrisville, you should:
- Be keen on following the oral hygiene instructions the doctor gives you. Clean the dental implant and the adjacent teeth often for you to get long-lasting success on the implants.
- Visit your dental provider regularly to check on the healing process of the dental implant.
- Inform your dental provider immediately if you feel your implant is loose or painful.
Pros Of Dental Implants
Getting dental implants in Morrisville can majorly improve a person’s health and quality of life. They include:
- It restores a person’s ability to chew food
- It prevents the jawbone from being shapeless as a result of losing a bone
- It converts an individual’s cosmetic appearance
- It assists in maintaining the stability of the nearby teeth
- It generally improves one’s quality of life
- It supports the health of the nearby gums and bone
The Cons Of Dental Implants
A few risks and complications can arise after placing a dental implant. They include:
- It can lead to damaging nearby natural teeth in the process of inserting the implant
- Possibility of an injury during surgery, such as having a fracture of the surrounding jawbone
- The patient can have an eternal sensation of the teeth twisting or being loose due to the abutment screw loosening
- Numbness after the surgery due to nerve damage or impingement
Your dentist at Pearly Whites Dental Care can give you a full rundown of the risks involved with getting a dental implant.
Contact Us Today
Contact our team at Pearly Whites Dental Care today for more information about dental implants in Morrisville or to schedule your consultation.